Privilege Room Port View EVANGELINE
- 2 people
- Twin beds or double bed 200x200
The room in shades of jade is soft and poetic to recall the personality of Evangeline, with its wallpaper NINA CAMPBELL (birdcage walk collection), its fabrics BEACON HILL for the shepherdesses, and CANOVAS for the curtains.
Evangeline allows us to honor the link between Acadia and Poitou Charente and more particularly Brouage. Among the French that emigrated to Canada in the 17th century, the largest group came from Poitou, Aunis and Saintonge. In the 20th century, half of the Acadian population had a poitevine-saintongeaise roots. That's why Envangeline, as the heroine of Henry Wadsworth Longfellow's poem and identity myth of Acadia, proved to be a choice in the Hôtel de Toiras.
The 5 Premium rooms overlooking the interior garden look like a Moroccan patio, offers a calm conducive to relaxation and change of scenery.
The 2 rooms Nicolas BAUDIN (twin or double beds) and Marie MANCINI (queen bed 160x200) can be communicating (ideal for families). Access by elevator. 1st floor. Italian showers.
The 3 rooms Louis SUIRE, Mrs. SEVIGNE and Pierre LOTI are on the 1st or 2nd floor. Queen size beds 160x200. Access by the stairs. Bathrooms with bathtub.
Regarding the women who have marked our region:
- Madame de SEVIGNE, daughter of Baron de Chantal who fought with Marshal Toiras during the siege against the British in 1627. For his talents as a letter-writer, the room is meant to be conducive to writing and reflection with its sight inspiring on the garden. Oak parquet and molded ceilings, fabrics of Pierre FREY House, bathroom with Burgundy stone and black cabochons.
- Marie MANCINI was the niece of Mazarin, 1st love of Louis XIV, exiled to Brouages because of an impossible love. Here, the atmosphere is of Italian inspiration with Jouy Pierre FREY paintings, CANOVAS fabrics, oak parquet and Parma colored walls. The shower is all Italian beige stone. And for the view, we will stay on the discretion and calm of the interior patio.
Then you go from the botanist Nicolas BAUDIN to the artist Louis SUIRE or the writer Pierre LOTI:
- Nicolas BAUDIN, native of Ile de Ré, was a botanist and scientist sent to the Southern Lands under Bonaparte for one of the greatest expeditions of the time with many beautiful discoveries of plants, minerals and unknown tribes. Botanical atmosphere with the flowery fabrics of CANOVAS and a bright green on the walls. Louis Philippe antique furnitures and stylish armchairs.
- Louis SUIRE, was born in Cognac in 1899. The Île de Ré is omnipresent in his work. His family is still today between La Rochelle and L'Île de Ré. His son Claude Suire and his grandson Olivier Suire-Verley followed the same passion for painting. Flowery atmosphere with its CANOVAS fabrics. Oak flooring, tiled floor, exposed beams in a bright blue white atmosphere.
- Pierre LOTI, native of Rochefort, writer of the exoticism, Julien Viaud of his real name will always return to his home port, his birthplace of Rochefort, with the decoration of a thousand ambiences marked of his travels. Warm atmosphere with beamed ceilings, fabrics in warm ocher colors and earth of hers, slate bathroom, overlooking the patio and roofs of Saint Martin de Ré.
Inspired by the Maréchal de Toiras and King Louis XIII, these deluxe rooms contain nautical and nature themes which create a warm atmosphere. You will love the port view and oak parquet flooring. Feel like a King or Queen when you stay in one of these rooms near Ile de Ré. Enjoy the large bed and bathroom with bathtub or gaze out upon the port.
Deluxe rooms are inspired by the artist Raphaël Drouart and provide a garden view. Tranquility from the great rooms is echoed throughout each area including the fabrics, wall coverings and furnishings. Near l'Ile de Ré, the rooms offer guests the best of amenities including a bathroom with bathtub and modern designs in soft and soothing colours. A writing desk, queen sized bed, and lush linens await you here.
Deluxe rooms with a port view show l'Ile de Ré at its best inside and out. The well decorated rooms include top fabrics from Ralph Lauren and exotic wood parquet flooring. You will love the large beds, soft, rich linens, and modern bathroom amenities. Furnishings are designed for your relaxation and contemplation, and the view of the port will leave you standing in awe as you watch the boats come and go on the water.